POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Timetrap (125 k) : Re: Timetrap (125 k) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Timetrap (125 k)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 9 Feb 2007 18:15:01
Message: <web.45ccfe646f5b11ab85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> A problem with the trap is, I believe, that time can leak out along the
> anchors as they are not insulated. So, this means that World Time is getting
> behind on Real Time on a daily basis. Not so good. I think my own watch is
> more reliable.

Leakage is inevitable, according to the 2nd law of tempodynamics.  The
excess time cancels out the space that leaks away from the Earth in its
orbit.  (You wouldn't want time and space to be mismatched, would you?)
GPS satellites very carefully figure time leakage into their calculations
(http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast162/Unit5/gps.html), for
example.  I'm surprised you didn't know this.  :-)